28 Apr 2020

Zantac Cancer Lawsuit Investigation – Brunswick Georgia Personal Injury Lawyer

As a personal injury lawyer in Brunswick, Georgia and the Golden Isles area for the last 23 years, and licensed pharmacist for the last 33 years, I am currently investigating cancer diagnosis related to Zantac, the popular heartburn medication. In 1988, Zantac was the world’s most popular prescribed drug and it was one of the first drugs to ever go over $1 billion in sales. During my pharmacy career, I have filled thousands of prescriptions for Zantac.

Zantac Linked to Cancer

On September 13, 2019 the FDA warned that Zantac and its generic versions may be contaminated with a cancer-causing agent by the name of NDMA. NDMA is classified as a cancer-causing agent by the FDA and the World Health Organization. NDMA levels in Zantac may be 3,000 to 26,000 times higher than what is considered safe by the FDA. The FDA has announced multiple recalls and Walmart, CVS and Walgreens have stopped selling the medication. The FDA continues to investigate.

Zantac Cancer Lawsuit

People who’ve been diagnosed with cancer after taking Zantac may be eligible for compensation by filing a Zantac cancer lawsuit. A Zantac lawsuit has alleged that the manufacturer knew that there were high levels of NDMA in the medication and failed to notify its consumer. My law firm is investigating cancer related diagnosis related to taking Zantac.

A Zantac lawsuit may help individuals recover, lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and possibly wrongful death. If you or someone you know have been diagnosed with stomach, colon, bladder, liver, or kidney cancer after taking Zantac, you may be entitled to compensation. Please call my office at (912) 265-981 to discuss your options.


This blog is for educational purposes only as well as to give you general information and a general understanding of the law, not to provide specific legal advice. By using this blog you understand that there is no attorney client relationship between you and the attorney or law firm. The blog should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney in your state.

Leave a Reply

Contact Me to Discuss Your Case

    J. Alan Welch Law